Monday, September 24, 2007

WFNS Gala and Word on the Street

It was a very writerly weekend for me. Saturday night I attended the 30th annual Writer's Federation of Nova Scotia Gala in Halifax, where the Atlantic Writing Competition awards for this year were handed out. It was a fabulous evening of readings and fun and chatting with other writers, along with bidding on silent auction items to raise money for the Writers in the Schools program.

Sunday was Word on the Street, the Halifax version. WOTS is an annual book and magazine festival that takes place in four cities across Canada. There are reading stages, bookseller and publisher booths, panel discussions and presentations, illustrators drawing free sketches and giving them away, libraries and schools giving out information...if you are interested in books, this is the place to be. Now that I've finally been to one, I want to go every year! I came home with a beautiful green t-shirt that says, "Read Books!" I'll be wearing it to school library tomorrow!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home