Friday, January 29, 2010

ROML* Rolls Over Another Week

Photobucket While I still have two days left to log writing time for this week, they will be the weekend, so I think it's highly unlikely that I will get to my goal hours this time around. Maybe it serves me right for getting cocky about how well last week went (614 minutes) and upping my goal by half an hour. When I think about it, though, it was mostly *Rest Of My Life issues that kept me from writing.

I'm really not sure what I can do about that except try to plan better (the things I CAN plan) and try to find catch-up time when the planning doesn't work.

~.~.~

In other news, I came to a huge and sad realization last night. I need to get rid of some books.

I've been buying books since I was in university and the city offered a variety of used book stores, of which I would make the rounds almost every weekend. The book acquisition habit has continued over the years, and although I do get more titles from the library these days (especially when trying an author for the first time) I still like to buy books. Part of me would like to count the number of books in the house--and part of me is afraid to do that.

However, when I was doing some pre-housecleaning housecleaning in the bedroom last week, I realized that I have at least 50+ books in that room alone waiting to be read or in various stages of being read. And when I do read them--I have nowhere to put them if I want to move new to-be-read books into that space. Every bookshelf in the house is already packed or over-packed. I don't see us adding a new room to the house just to hold books. Sooooo...the only conclusion is that I have to get rid of some. And while we're planning a Great Purge of the house this spring, the idea of sorting through the books and moving some them out of here is more daunting than all the rest of the things that I know need to be done.

*Sigh* I wonder if I could convince my husband to add on that extra room...

Photo courtesy of mzacha @ sxc.hu

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger My crazy life said...

Sherry,I nominated you for The Sunshine Award. For information go to my blog at http://findthatperfectending.blogspot.com.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Christmas One Liners
valentine wishes for friends
new years friend quotes

7:17 AM  
Blogger Robin Jack said...

labour day quote

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home