Monday, October 27, 2003

Final countdown...

mood: optimistic
music: my husband's guitar practicing
**********************************
I was too bummed out to even post yesterday--one of those days when everything seems too much work, life is just round after round of stressors--I felt certain that I wouldn't be able to accomplish much during NaNoWriMo this year. There was none of last year's excitement, only apprehension and a sense of defeat. And then all day today I had a whopper of a tension headache, could hardly stand to keep my eyes open.

But tonight...I feel better. The headache is almost eradicated, I'm sipping green tea while my daughter does her homework, and the novel seems do-able again. Just to make sure things stay in an upswing, I'm going to bed early.

Speaking of green tea, my husband just brought home six sample boxes of various flavours (from a conference he just attended), so I'm thinking it will be a green tea month--I'll drink coffee while I write in the early mornings and then green tea when I sit down to write at night. I should be healthy as a horse by the end of the month. ;-)

So with only 4 days to go things seem to be about where they should be...even though I have only enough plot for half a story...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home