Monday, December 11, 2006

Happy Places

On Friday the kids and I all had dental appointments in the morning. During the drive to the dentist's office, they were both bemoaning the probability of fluoride treatments on the horizon. I told them they should just try to ignore it while it was happening and go to their "happy places." Then I asked them what their happy places would be like.

Emily described hers as a huge library, with all the walls covered floor-to-ceiling with books, comfortable chairs for reading, and the added feature that one could get the characters to come out of the books if you wanted to.

Mark described a room filled with every video game system ever invented, each connected all the time, and of course also every video game for each system available all the time. Snacks would be available, in the form of junk food that was actually healthy for you.

Of course I had to tell them mine, too; a cottage on the beach with a writing room and an art room, and a door in the back that would lead to Emily's library. ;-)

Mark thought it was hilarious that mine would be on the beach. However on reflection he said it would be convenient, since I could wear my bathing suit to write or draw and then run out for a dip in the water anytime I wanted.

What's your happy place?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home