Thursday, November 09, 2006

NaNoWriMo Update

Things are going well so far. I'm 29% of the way to 50k, according to the cool widget on my desktop (that's 14,473 words). My characters are set up and already dealing with problems. One small flaw in my plan is that I've realized that while it's fine to write an adventure-style story with no plan or outline, it's a little harder to write a mystery that way. Last night I was brainstorming a few things in my notebook and I wrote "CLUES! NEED CLUES!" So I guess that's my task for today, in addition to the word count. Work out some clues.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job getting to 14,473. I am at 6000 and hopefully at 7,000 before I go to bed tonight. I started out with a mystery but it quickly change to a fantasy on me. Good luck!

2:56 PM  
Blogger RomanceWriter said...

Congrats on being 29% done. I am doing NaNoWriMo too. It's been crazy but fun so far.

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I see you're now on 17,874 words! Excellent! Keep up the good work. You NaNos are all putting me to shame...

4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home