Monday, December 11, 2006

NaNoWriMo wrap-up

The end of NaNoWriMo usually means, for me, a couple of days of feeling a bit mopey, with a nagging feeling that there's something I'm supposed to be doing, and then the sudden realization that it's December and I have a million things to do. This year was no exception, which is why there haven't been any posts here lately.

However, I did finish the novel and get to "The End" at a little over 55,000 words. I'm happy with the outcome; I only wrote it for fun in the first place and I did have fun with it. I'm trying to decide what I might do with it in future, and thinking I might podcast it, or serialize it on my website. Some folks have expressed an interest in reading it and either of those formats would make it accessible. I'd have some fun doing it, too, so it would be a good project to help me stave off those winter blues that I'm sure will be hanging around in January and February. Keeping busy has proven to be the best way to fight those feelings, so it's good to have some projects on the horizon.

We had a pizza party TGIO for NaNoWriMo, where most of us read an excerpt from our novel and I think a good time was had by all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home