Monday, December 18, 2006

Looking Ahead

It's a week before Christmas and strangely, what's on my mind a lot lies beyond that. I'm pretty much ready for the holidays, with only a few minor things left to do, and so my mind is turning to the rewrite of The Seventh Crow. Right now, I'm looking forward to it.

Last night I read through Holly Lisle's very good article on How To Revise A Novel. Much of the advice is similar to what I suggest in my old article, Fiction Workshop for One, which makes me think I might actually know what I'm doing as the rewrite rolls around. My husband has read the current draft and didn't spot any continuity or content errors, so I feel fairly confident that the story has a good foundation.

The trouble I'm having is that while I know there's very little sense in trying to start working on it now, with Christmas mere days away and school finishing up tomorrow, I want to start working on it. And I feel ridiculous to be even thinking of "putting off" writing that I want to do. I just don't want to make a good start and then have to leave it.

I'm not sure what I'll do. But I do enjoy the feeling of looking forward to the task.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home