Saturday, November 04, 2006

NaNoWriMo and being an ML

This is my third year as a Municipal Liaison for NaNoWriMo, and it's been my busiest in that capacity yet. I did the live radio interview on the first of November. Yesterday the producer called me with the idea that they'd like to track our progress on their website, so I sent out the word to my Wrimos and rounded up some who'd like to participate. I also got an email from Sue at NovaScotiaCanada.ca requesting an email interview about NNWM for their site. Which I was happy to do! But whew! It's only the third day and I feel like I've already spent more time being an ML this year than I did the last two years combined. And I have only a tiny region. I don't know how some of the folks in the larger areas manage!

Luckily, my word count hasn't suffered--at least not yet. Let's all knock a little wood on that one.

Today I also managed to get a submission sent out, so I can stop worrying that I will miss the deadline on it. I'm going to try to finish up The Scriptorium over the weekend and get it online. I'm glad I have so much of the issue ready in advance, and just have to fill in a few articles.

And I got groceries tonight--hurrah! We'll be able to eat for another week. It's annoying how everyone wants things like meals to continue throughout November. Don't they know I'm writing a novel? ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home