Wednesday, November 12, 2008

NaNoWriMo gripe

Why does it seem that for every NaNoWriMo project, I have one word that I can't seem to type without getting it wrong? And it's invariably a word that comes up over, and over, and over...

One year it was "wormhole"--in fact, that was the bugaboo for two years, counting the sequel. Another year it was my main character's name, "Rosinda," which kept coming out as "Rosidna." I forget last year's, but there definitely was one. This year it's another character; not my main character, but one very close to her. Caleb. I keep typing his name as "Cable" or "Calbe." And dammit, his name is Caleb. I can't change it.

When I think of how many more words I could have written now, if it weren't for all that backspacing and re-typing...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home