Thursday, September 14, 2006

Inspiring thought for this fortnight

The writing group meeting we had last night was planned as our big get-back-into-the-writing-groove get-inspired-for-fall kickoff. It worked quite well. Each meeting from now on I'm going to post our inspiring thought for the next two weeks (we meet every two weeks or so) on the white board. This week's was one I got from Monica Wood's very inspiring book The Pocket Muse. Here it is: "What are you waiting for? If not now, when?"

Are you inspired?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that quote. I'm squeezing writing in between 8.30pm and 9.30pm tonight (supposed to be researching online, ahem, ahem!) It is so easy to collapse at this time of night but if not write now, when?

I was horrified to hear about the gunman at the college in Canada, and disturbed by the details that emerged about him on the news this evening. It was all very well for him to be a gun-obsessed nutcase but why did he have to kill that beautiful girl and injure all those other people? When I heard about what had happened my automatic thought was: "I hope Sherry and her family are OK!" Duh - everyone in Canada knows each other and it's a really small place! But I'm glad you are. It's a scary world these days.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home