Sunday, September 03, 2006

Good call

I was right--I worked for an hour on my novel rewrite today. I didn't accomplish a whopping amount of work, but it's probably more writing than I've done in the last two months put together, so it feels good.

I finished reading Infinity Beach by Jack McDevitt this morning--stayed up reading until 3 a.m. but couldn't read any more, so when I got up I just made coffee and sat down and finished it. I really enjoyed it; although the first third of the book was a little slow, the rest was completely riveting. Somewhere not that long ago I was reading a discussion about writers who write characters of the opposite sex well--I find McDevitt to be very good at writing believable female characters. I have another of his books, Chindi in my reading pile but I think I'll read Scardown by Elizabeth Bear next.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've done a couple of hours working on my novel too over the past two nights. I haven't achieved massive amounts but I feel as if I'm starting to get into the swing of writing again. I think the key is writing regularly, no matter how much you do or what you get on paper. I thought I would get at least half an hour done now but a certain person has decided he is never going to sleep ever again, and especially not during the day...

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home