Friday, October 20, 2006

Five Things

My friend Helen prompted me to add this list to my blog: Five Things You Didn't Know About Me--

1. I have never dyed my hair.
2. I was once a caller on the comedy tv show Open Mike with Mike Bullard.
3. I was once thrown and then run over by my horse. I had a horseshoe-shaped bruise on my back for a week.
4. I am adept at determining the gender of mice.
5. I have a form of arthritis called Ankylosing spondylitis. It isn't that common in women, but I don't seem to have any of the other health problems that can accompany it, either.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting your Five Things, Sherry. You're probably the only adult female I know who hasn't dyed her hair!

This is my first visit here but I'll definitely be popping over again.

12:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey hey! I have ankylosing spondilitis too! I'm a female as weel and I was diagnosed about 2 years ago. After being on celebrex for several months, it really started to work. I'm better now, most of the time, but still get alot of pain now and then. I thought i was cured, but after reading medical journals, i now realize i'm screwed for life! Doctors really do give you a "watered down" diagnoses! At least my reumatologist did! I'd like to hear more about your experience with AS, i haven't really talked about it with anyone who has it. i'll be checking your site from now on! thanks

4:40 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

Thanks, Sharon...I had a lovely first visit to your blog after finding the link on Helen's.

Anonymous, I don't expect to talk too much about the AS here, but I'm quite willing to email you about it. It's about 12 years since my diagnosis, and I take a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory daily medication for it. I find a huge key to keeping it under control is staying active; walking, tae bo, cycling, or DDR, as the mood takes me. ;-) And trying to keep stress low helps, too. Please email me (there's a link in the sidebar) if you want to chat more about it.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home