Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Discouragements

This was a very discouraging day as far as writing goes. I knew I couldn't write this morning (school library) but I had the afternoon blocked off--or so I thought. Unexpected family needs came up and wiped out the writing time, and then it was simply one thing after another...after another...after another all day until finally now, at 11:30 p.m. I sit here writing this. With no other writing accomplished all day.

Sure, we all have days like this. But I am so stressed to finish this manuscript in the next few days...or I feel like NaNoWriMo will be ruined for me, which I really don't want since I look forward to it so much all year. I guess all I can say is "maybe tomorrow," although there are things on the horizon that make me think I shouldn't count on it.

Since I was obviously not going to be able to write anything, I've spent the last fifteen minutes tidying my desk and sorting out the materials and notes for The Seventh Crow into a new binder to free up my NaNoWriMo binder. So I do feel that I accomplished something. I've left a few things so that in the morning I can begin my pre-writing desk-tidying ritual. Who knows? It could work...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home