Friday, October 27, 2006

Still going

It's an up-and-down battle to get this manuscript done. I'll have a good day of writing and then a few bad ones. My Time Left counter is telling me it's only 4 days, 3 hours, and 34 minutes 'till NaNoWriMo, and I'm less prepared than I've been any other year. I can't believe the MS has now become longer than the rewrite of One's Aspect To The Sun. No idea how that happened.

Remember the Coca-Cola slogan, "Things go better with Coke"? It appears they found one thing it hadn't gone with before: coffee. Yesterday I tried a very strange beverage called Coca-Cola BlaK, a "cola coffee fusion beverage." Now, I'm not saying it's bad. It's just very strange. At first it just tastes like Coke, and then the coffee aftertaste kicks in. Weirdly, my kids like it. It will be interesting to see if it catches on or is just another marketing idea gone wrong. (Be warned, if you go to the website, it starts playing music and talking to you.)

I also just made a fantastic musical discovery: Afro Celt Sound System. Wow. Absolutely awesome writing and background music! I bought one CD through PureTracks and I'm going to look for more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home