Saturday, March 31, 2007

Story Progress II

To put it bluntly, trying to write this new story has been giving me fits. I've started, stopped, restarted, stopped, busied myself with other things and thought furiously, busied myself with other things and tried to blank my mind, taken long showers and written copious notes. Finally tonight I've written some more on it. I have about 2500 words now and my character is in a lot of trouble. I guess that's a good thing.

It would be better if I knew how I was going to get her out, of course.

I know that in general, I work better under pressure. Give me a deadline and I'm good to go, while without deadlines I meander along, succumbing to procrastination and the distraction of shiny things. This time seems different. This time having a deadline seems to be making me crazy.

However, however. Now that I've made some further progress perhaps the rest will fall into place. Time to go off and think some more, I guess.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the mention of Daw Books as the publisher turned my mind to mush. Perhaps that has happened to you too.

My story isn't coming along that nicely either. I'm worried.

Good luck, Sherry. Onward...

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home