Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Five Most Impressive Sights of My Life

Helen asked on her blog, "What are the five most impressive sights of your life?" Keeping in mind what I said earlier about my long-term memory, here are the things I think of:

1. When I was in university in Halifax I remember one snowy night when a bunch of us decided to go for a walk. The snow was coming down in big soft flakes and it was quite beautiful. Then we came to one of the other universities in the city (it's a big university town) and walked past the chapel there. There were lights on inside, setting a big stained glass window glowing. The window was flanked by two big evergreens, their branches heavily powdered by now with fresh snow. And the big flakes continued to fall past the glowing stained glass. To say it was beautiful is an enormous understatement. It's embedded in my mind.

2. My children just after being born. Now that was impressive! Both times!

3. The multicolored patchwork of the Canadian prairies, as seen when flying over them.

4. The azure/turquoise blue of the water around the Bahamian Islands, also as seen from above.

5. The drawings of Stephen Wiltshire, the "living camera." If you haven't watched this video, you must. It puts me in awe of the mostly untapped power of the human brain.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home