Saturday, November 29, 2008

And done

Done, with a day to spare. Fifty thousand words in 29 days. It's not anything like a complete first draft, but yes, it has potential. I don't hate it, anyway.

Considering everything else I had going on in October and November this year, I'm feeling pretty good about it, all in all. I'm hoping to do quite a lot of rewrite work in 2009; I may not get to this particular project, but it will be on the list. I think it's mainly lacking the foundational work that I didn't have time for beforehand--if I worked up a better structure, the rewrite would be fairly straightforward.

I'm off to validate, download my certificate, and give my brain a break!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well done on completing NaNoWriMo, Sherry! I didn't realise you were doing the Blog Posting Month too. I just saw the cool badges you made!

Urgh, structure is always the key, isn't it? I find I have to do so much work on that before anything falls into place (and these days *nothing* is falling into place!)

I saw you had tagged me for the Birthday Meme, I am going to do that one soon.

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home