Monday, November 24, 2008

NaNoWriMo Update

Of course if you're keeping up with my little widget in the left sidebar you can see my NaNoWriMo progress in terms of just word count, but it doesn't speak to my mental state.

This is the hardest NaNo I've ever done.

Well, maybe that's not true. The first attempt last year was going so badly that I switched horses in mid-stream and had to make up a week's worth of writing, but after the change it flowed like water.

I think the problem this year is that I didn't have enough time to think about it beforehand. I'm not much of an outliner, but I do like to have an idea of the story arc. This year I only had an idea about the beginning and not much more. So it's going very slowly.

In addition, planning the Undercurrents book launch and doing all the promotional work for it is taking far, far more time than I ever expected. That was due to my own naivete, but it's been a learning experience all the way through, so why should this part be any different?

Anyway, I hit 40k last night and want to put on a drive now to the finish. The house is clean, groceries are laid in, and I'm making a map of the week that includes lots of writing time. Hopefully it will work out.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

keep up the good work, Sherry! I'm rooting for you and that last 10,000!

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home