Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Like the name says...

mood: good
music:
**********************************
...this blog may deal with anything under the stars. I have a few things on my mind tonight.

First off, you should go and read this. Voyager 1 is now 90 AU (astronomical units) away, or roughly 8.4 billion miles. It is the most distant human made object in the universe and continues to add to our knowledge of this solar system and beyond. Mind-boggling.

On a completely different note, what is up with all the stores lately having their cashiers ask you if you "found everything you were looking for today?" A new pinnacle in annoying. And pointless, because if you haven't, it's kind of late. You're checking out. And the cashier can't very well walk off to help you find things. I wonder where people in marketing get these ideas. Don't they live in the real world?

On the Nanowrimo front: yesterday was not good. Got up early, all right, but then had plans to go out in the evening and was behind on the word count. Even stayed up late trying to cut it, but no go. Then the vicious circle began: couldn't get up early because I stayed up too late. However. I've been pecking away at it today whenever I got a chance and should be able to do some catching up now without breaking curfew. If I can get back on schedule it will be good. Some interesting things are cropping up--like a possible love triangle I hadn't expected. Really hadn't expected since one of the characters involved was supposed to be dead by now. I don't think he's going to lay down and die all nice and neat like I thought. Also I think some unexpected trouble is about to go down once my main character finishes a short reminiscence about her childhood. Hmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home