Saturday, March 19, 2005

It's Official!

mood: Great
music: Kiss Kiss by Holly Valance

------------------------------------------
The Writer's Federation has announced the results of the 28th Annual Atlantic Writing Competition. Here's the one that pertains to this blog:

The H.R. (Bill) Percy Prize for Unpublished Novel

SECOND: Sherry Ramsey (Sydney Mines, NS) for One’s Aspect to the Sun

Woohoo! The feedback from the judges was wonderful, and both gave excellent direction on how to make improvements (although they both loved the novel). So after I clear a few things off my plate I'm going to spend a couple of months rewriting and then send it out. One judge even mentioned that she hoped to see the novel (and sequels) on shelves soon. Funny that the sequel is already written in first draft.

One thing I learned today: Japanese cell phone owners
can now read novels on their cell phone screens. I don't know, I think that's taking the whole gadget thing a little too far. Full story here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home