Saturday, September 17, 2005

Rewrite begins

mood: frazzled
music: none

------------------------------------------
I finally figured out how to get started on this rewrite--we hashed it out at writing group the other night and I came home sort of energized. I began re-reading the manuscript again, making notes for the world guide which I desperately need for reference, and more inline markups. When I got to the spot where it felt like I needed to add the first new scene, I just jumped in and started writing it. So far it's going okay, so I think I'm over the first hump.

We're supposed to get some bad-weather leftovers from Ophelia today and tonight, but nothing's started yet. The yard is pretty much cleaned up with all the summertime detritus gone. Looks pretty empty. I hate the preparations for the first fall windstorm. You really feel like summer is over then.

First full week of school went pretty well, although Mark had a hard time making it through Friday. No shame for him, though. Lots of adults find the same thing. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home