Sunday, April 17, 2005

Catching Up

mood: good
music: none

------------------------------------------
Well, the end of the workshop doesn't seem to have meant more time for blogging! Right now I'm trying to finish my anthology story, which I think I'll be able to do in the time alloted, send out another submission, do my usual income tax schtick for the family, and then--start looking at my novel. I was thinking about it a bit last night and this morning and I'm getting excited to start working on it again.

Of course, with the schools closed because of a local labour strike I'm going to have to do some homeschooling, although hopefully they'll have this resolved soon. And it's almost time to start the yard work and we're about to do some major house renovations. So it's not going to be easy to find time for everything. I also have another workshop starting in June, but it won't require as much work this time since the materials don't need to be revised.

Seems like there's a slight chance I'll lose the free hosting I've had for The Scriptorium all these years. If that happens I'll be faced with a dilemma--try to find something else or close it down. I can't pay for the hosting, so if I can't find something else acceptable it could be the end. I've struggled in the past with whether or not I should keep it going, since it gobbles up so much time that I could be spending on writing, but faced with this situation I won't know what to feel. It would be sad to let it go. I know a lot of readers really depend on it and it's certainly opened up opportunities and writing acquaintances over the years.

But it's not a problem for right now, so I'm trying not to worry about it. Today the sun is shining and I've got a story to finish...

One thing I learned today: It's too early in the morning...
I haven't learned anything yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home