Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Never a dull moment

mood: tired
music:
none - everyone's asleep
------------------------------------------
Well, I've had to tackle a new job this week--homeschooling. The support staff of our school board (clearners, etc.) is out on strike, and although they kept the schools open as long as they could, they've all been closed now for health reasons. So the kids have work packages and I'm holding "school" here in the mornings for my daughter and my niece. My niece is in 8th grade French immersion, so it's a good thing I've been brushing up on my French language skills over the past year!

And wow, I'm tired. It takes a good bit of effort to keep them on track and help them with anything they need. Thank goodness I can dredge up a few memories of how to do the math. It looks like the two sides will be going to arbitration soon, but I doubt that it's going to get solved within a few days. So it's homeschool for at least the next week, I'd bet.

I finished my winter story--finally--and now I'm trying to rewrite one for another anthology. I can send that editor a few to look at and reprints are acceptable, too, but I'd like to get this one new piece done. I think I could have it done by the end of the weekend if all goes well. Slowly I'm taking things off my list and I'll soon be down to--novel rewrite!

One thing I learned today: Coca-cola is a popular breakfast drink in the southern United States. Many people even pour it on their cereal. Sorry, but I find that just repulsive. (source: CBC radio)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home