Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Stuck and getting unstuck

mood: great
music: K-OS, Man I Used To be

------------------------------------------
The rewrite is going slowly--seems very difficult to gain any momentum with it. So yesterday I tried a different tactic--I wrote something totally unrelated and just for fun, a crazy idea I had so I just ran with it. I posted it on a blog for my friends and family, The Book of All Fictive Things. I wrote like crazy from start to finish and it felt really great. So now we'll see if it's got the wheels unstuck on the rewrite.

Sometimes something like this seems to work--the old adage that a change is as good as a rest, I suppose. Fingers crossed.

A friend pointed me to an interesting blog today, PostSecret. It's interesting and sad and funny. I'm thinking I might send them a secret.

One thing I learned today:My strategy to become less shy via a "fake it 'till you make it" system seems to be working.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home