Friday, August 04, 2006

New Masters of Fantasy

Today I happened upon a link to the New Masters Of Fantasy Art website, and I have to say I was impressed. Very impressed. This project produces an annual CD collection of fantasy artwork, of interest both to fantasy art lovers and professionals in the field. It seems to me to be a great way for artists to promote their work, and for art lovers to enjoy some wonderful new artwork--without resorting to, er, less desirable methods of obtaining it. I don't know how I missed this before--they're up to Volume 3 now--but I'll be bookmarking it for certain.

One line about the collection really caught my eye: "Only you can come up with the stories behind the timeless, imaginative works of art in the New Masters of Fantasy, Volume III." So all you writers, out there, listen up. I've certainly found story inspiration in artwork before, but of course it usually involves long hours of surfing around on the internet. A collection like this offers almost 400 visual doses of inspiration at your fingertips--well, in your CD-ROM drawer. Sweet. And the price, I was amazed to see, is only $8.95 US. Sounds like a bargain to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home