Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Sleep troubles

I'm having a lot of trouble sleeping lately, and I don't know why. It's not like I'm lying awake worrying over things--it's more that my mind just won't "shut down." I lie hovering on the edge of sleep for hours some nights. If I do get to sleep, I'm awake again an hour or so later. Also I'm having a run of "restless legs," which is exacerbating whatever else is going on. It's been going on for a few weeks now and I'm feeling really exhausted.

Today I'm setting out to try and find a solution. To ameliorate the restless legs I'm going to work out twice today, as my writing friend Lori has the same troubles and tells me that regular daily exercise helps her. I've already got one DDR workout under my belt and I'll do another tonight. Also I've asked Terry to pick up some "sleepytime" tea for me at work today. We'll see what effect those efforts have tonight.

I should have the new issue of The Scriptorium online today, which will be another thing off my mind, so that might also help. Fingers crossed!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I had bad insomnia, I found eating bananas helped. But they're so expensive in Australia these days ($14.99 a kilo at a shop I passed today) that they've been off the menu. Not being able to sleep is awful - and I'm all too familiar with the active mind syndrome. I hope you start to feel better soon.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Sherry said...

Thanks, Helen! I didn't know that bananas were so pricey in Australia. I'll try that remedy also. I did have a good sleep last night, although Terry forgot my tea! The two workouts must have done the trick.

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home