Monday, September 18, 2006

Back to reading

I've had to go back and re-read everything I've written for The Seventh Crow before I can go on. Well, I'm still reading it, actually. There were just too many threads I'd let slip and I felt like I was forgetting too much.

However, I'm enjoying it, so I guess that's a good thing. I should be able to finish reading it tomorrow. I'm trying to go easy with the red pen, although when I see something glaring I mark it. I'm not editing! I'm just being prudent.

Anyone thinking about NaNoWriMo but lacking ideas might want to cruise on over to The Seventh Sanctum and its wonderful array of generators. Also links to other pages of generators. If you're still stuck after an evening of generating, I despair of you. I had this crazy idea for a NaNoWriMo dare--everything in the novel must come from a generator. The initial idea, all the character names, names of gadgets, places, magic items, monsters, everything. Now that would be fun. I might post it when the new forums come online. I might even do it myself.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wah! I'm so glad you posted the link to The Seventh Sanctum! I lost the address ages ago when my computer spontaneously wiped by bookmarks, and I couldn't remember the name. Ooh-hoo, I've got one problem with my redraft that just *has* to be solved by a random generator!

If you write a novel where everything comes from a generator, I really, really want to read it!! That would be so cool.

2:12 AM  
Blogger Sherry said...

Helen, I'm thinking about it more and more. It's kind of scary how the idea is taking shape in my mind. :-) This would be a completely-for-fun NaNoWriMo, but that may be just what my brain needs by the time I get to the end of this draft I'm working on.

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like an interesting concept, Sherry. It will be a surprise at every turn, even for you...the writer.

You should give it a go and see what comes from it.

1:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, this is almost tempting me to do NaNoWriMo this year and do the same thing!

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home