Saturday, December 30, 2006

Resolutions, Goals and Plans

I've said here before that September is the real resolution-making and goal-setting time of year for me, and it's true that after the lazy laid-back days of summer I like to get busy writing again. That's not to say that the end of the year is not a good time for reflection and re-grouping, however.

I'm feeling quite anxious to get to the rewrite of The Seventh Crow now; I feel that the story is strong as it is and now my job is to polish it until it gleams. I'm looking forward to it. So that will be my first job of the year, and I think I should be able to finish it by the end of January or soon thereafter.

Beyond that, I'm not sure right now. I should try to finish my other rewrite--it's so close to being done, and yet also in such a mess--the amount of work it would take to get back into the story seems enormous. I know in the past, though, I've felt like that about projects and then been pleasantly surprised when they turn out to take less effort than I expected. So I may turn to that.

I know what I will probably want to do will be write the sequel to The Seventh Crow, since so much of the story has been rolling around in my head since the idea originally came to me. I may talk myself into doing that after the January rewrite as a reward. ;-)

Whatever the case, I feel like I must get back to some serious work on my writing in the coming year. 2006 was not a good year for it, but hopefully that tide will change in 2007.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home