Thursday, November 01, 2007

An Interesting Month Ahead

Well, it was the most difficult start I've made in six years of NaNoWriMo, I will say that. It seemed to take for-ev-er to get past the first two pages. My characters seemed stiff and stilted. I felt like they just didn't want to be here, and neither did I.

However, I did turn things around a bit tonight, made my words for today, and the path seems a bit smoother. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better.

My daughter wrote two day's worth in an early sprint, and my son, after dithering for a month, finally decided that he was going to try and participate. He's seven, by the way. Since they're both in the Young Writer's Program, they get to set their own word count goals. My daughter is aiming for 20000 words, and my son is going for 7500. She's writing fantasy, and he's writing science fiction. The apples don't fall far from the tree, my friends.

Should be a very interesting month in our house.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I'll be so proud if, in five years time, Kiko decides he wants to do NaNoWriMo! I hope you all have a good month. I'm doing my own writing month, trying to do the next section of my novel, and I've been procrastinating so much. So far I've cheated and pinched about 17 pages from earlier drafts. Now I have to go and hammer some shape into it...

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've trained them well, Sherry, and I wish them both good luck in reaching their goals.

It would be excellent to have a family join in the fun. That should be inspiration for you, Sherry. Good luck to you too, of course.

3:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home