Sunday, February 10, 2008

Good news from the computer front

Today my computer is almost back to normal. Much of the data has been restored and it's running at its usual speed again (which my husband still says is too slow, but it's fine with me). I've been climbing the learning curve of a new email program, and I'm not quite ready to pass judgement on it yet. There are some things about it that I don't like, but at least it has an easy feature for backing up data. Also a nice calendar/task feature which, if I could train myself to use it, could be very helpful.

To de-stress tonight I finally played Guild Wars again for a while. Ahhhhhh. ;-)

I'm also playing with a free trial of a program called Inspiration, visual brainstorming and organizing software which is meant for the educational market but has been recommended as good software for writers as well (by Holly Lisle). The price tag is a little hefty for my taste, but it does seem like it might be useful. I have 30 days to play around with it and see. Tonight I was making a schematic diagram of the story I'm currently working on, using the multitudes of clipart and photos included in the software. Quite interesting. I can see that it would be great for brainstorming and working out story problems.

Anyway, I'm very glad to have my computer "back."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home