Monday, February 04, 2008

Plodding Along

The re-installation of my new hard drive continues...is this three days now? I've lost track. I can only work on it for so long before I start to get a headache and have to take a break. I've done all the "easy" stuff (not that it was all easy, but at least I could do it without help) but now I'm going to need some technical assistance from my husband to do the rest. With luck we'll have a chance to work on it tomorrow night.

I've found the entire process strangely depressing. I've read so many old emails and opened so many documents to see what they were, only to be reminded of times past, projects started and abandoned, attempts to get organized that fell flat--so many things have been either melancholy, bittersweet, or downright downing.

At the same time it has made me ponder just how much of my life has become caught up with the computer. One could reconstruct an amazingly accurate picture of the past five years by combing through the archive of my hard drive. Is this a good thing? I don't know. But it is rather interesting.

In the interest of fairness, I should say that I've found a few gems that I'd forgotten about, like a poem my daughter and I co-wrote so long ago that neither of us remembers doing it. So it's not all bad. But even that is one of the bittersweet things, at least in mu current state of mind. Which I think may be succumbing to the onset of a bout of winter blues. I'm trying to fight them off. We'll see how that goes.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home