Thursday, June 03, 2004

Dreadful Rewrite Syndrome

mood: panicky
music: none

------------------------------------------
I finished the read-through last night and felt pretty good about it. Started some serious mulling-over of what I thought the strong and weak points were and what I could do to make improvements. I have lots of notes and ideas jotted down to help me make my way through this.

Tonight, however, I feel panicky about the whole thing. Is it really any good? Can it be improved enough? What should I change and how best to do it? Can it possibly be done by the deadline I've set for myself? I need deadlines, I know that, but have I set an unreasonable one? How do I even start? I'd love to have someone else read it, but it's just not at the point where I could do that yet.

It could be that I'm just tired--goodness knows this cold has me pulled as thin as hot taffy. But I feel a little like I do during NaNoWriMo, that I can't let myself get behind or I will have no hope of finishing. Maybe that's a good thing.

Gotta go figure out how to start. Maybe it will flow from there.

Oh, go see Shrek 2. It's hilarious.

One thing I learned today: Wool is clever. Researchers in New Zealand have developed a "smart wool" that will, with the help of a battery, keep toes toasty through the winter. They should be on the market in the UK by next year. (BBC News)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home