Monday, May 24, 2004

Home again

mood: tired
music: Disease, Matchbox 20

------------------------------------------
Well, a few days out of town with the family was a nice break. We did the shopping thing, took the kids to a museum and some fun downtown stuff, and generally relaxed. I took along a few chapters for editing, but didn't get very much done. Maybe I'll tackle it later tonight.

I wanted to work in the garden this afternoon but the north wind was in and it was just too discouraging. Checked on my things in the greenhouse, though, and they are looking great. The gardens are sporting the fresh colors of tulips and daffodils, and I smile when I see them. Cicero said, "If you own a library and a garden, you have everything you need." I guess I am very fortunate.

Oh, I did get that story (last rejection) turned around within the 24 hours. So I have four stories and an article query out right now. I have a couple more that are close to being ready to go, if I could just get to them (or get in the mood to tackle them!)

One thing I learned today: Scientists have identified a new geological time period for the first time in 120 years. The Ediacaran period started 600 million years ago and lasted until 542 million years ago. (BBC News)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home