Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Happy Birthday to Me

mood: good
music: Just Came Back -- Colin James

------------------------------------------
So, today was my birthday! A pretty normal day, really, since we (my sister shares my birthday, although we're not twins) did most of our celebrating on the weekend; bowling on Friday night and then a big bonfire party Saturday night. Terry and the kids and I went out to supper tonight so that was nice--no cooking and no dishes! And Krista's home from Ottawa for the summer, which was a nice birthday present all in itself.

The rewrite continues, although slowly right now. Once I finished the read-through I started making a detailed scene list--I need to be able to lay it all out and at a glance see how the plotlines run and where I need to add things/switch things around. I'm at the end of part one with that task, which is about a third of the way through the book. Could be going faster but it's very intensive work and difficult to do when I'm tired, and the only times I seem to have to work at it are late at night. That has to change. I got a great stroke done the first day, when I spent one of my "writing time coupons" from Mother's Day and Terry took the kids to a movie, but it's slow since then. But I'll just keep plugging away...

Tomorrow night is the reading we're sponsoring at the library, so I'll have a few things to do tomorrow to get ready for that. Hopefully it will all go well.

Oh, and it was beautiful here today, finally! I worked in the yard all afternoon and it felt great. I may have a new pic to post soon as there's one garden spot looking particularly good.

One thing I learned today: Dandelions are so sneaky about where they grow that it's spooky...almost like they plan it that way...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home