Monday, July 05, 2004

Yes, it's summer...

mood: anxious
music: Breaking the Habit -- Linkin Park

------------------------------------------
The fact that I haven't made an entry in over two weeks is a good indication of just how busy things have been. I don't know where June went and I'm nowhere near where I hoped to be on the novel, although I did manage to finish my big starmap the other day so at least I can reference that now and make sure things are making sense.

I'm supposed to be working on it right now, as a matter of fact, but I'm taking just a few minutes to clear up some other things first so I can approach it with a clear mind. Terry and the kids have gone off to do some things together so I have a couple of hours of uninterrupted worktime (barring unforeseen circumstances). Guess I should go and get to work. It's a beautiful day here so I really should be outside enjoying it...but right now, if I'm going to meet that deadline, I have to take every opportunity to work. I'll take a break later and catch some rays.

One thing I learned today: Saturn's rings are named in the order in which they were discovered, not for their location. A-Ring is on the outside, and surrounds, in order, B-Ring, C-Ring, and D-Ring. Then, going out from A-Ring is F-Ring and G-Ring. And tucked in the middle is the so-called Encke Gap, which is a small space in A-Ring discovered telescopically by JF Encke in 1838. Read the whole story at BBC News

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home