Thursday, October 13, 2005

Back on track

mood: hopeful
music: Autumn by George Winston

------------------------------------------
Looks like I might be back on track with the rewrite--last night I took the ms to our writing group meeting and we all spent some time working on various projects. I had to buckle down and actually look at where I'd left off, wrote a couple of pages and realized what I had to think about next. Later, at home, I made some further notes and went to bed early as a reward for being so virtuous.

This morning I'm trying to write another couple of pages, so I'd better get to it. My desktop countdown timer is telling me only eighteen days left until November, so I have to get in gear.

I'm beginning to understand that the feedback I got on the novel was really priceless. Having to add more complications is leading to a lot more depth of story than there was before.

My daughter signed up for the NaNoWriMo young writers program. I hope we'll have some fun working on it together this year. She's quite excited and planning out her story with great enthusiasm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home