Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Still...slogging...along...

Once again I've had to increase the word count total for The Seventh Crow, but I've also added to the actual count, too. I thought I would accomplish a lot today but there were more interruptions than I'd thought. I did keep doggedly trying, though, and managed to write a few pages in my notebook while I waited for the kids after school.

Our writing group met tonight and I came home envigorated, ready to pound out a few more pages. However, after being met at the door by a huge puddle of dog pee on the kitchen floor and children who were not ready for bed despite my instructions, my enthusiasm quickly evaporated. When things finally quieted down I checked my email, typed up my handwritten pages from earlier in the day, and now as soon as I finish this I'm going to bed.

My friend Nancy and I are both hoping to finish the first drafts we're working on by the end of the month. Earlier tonight I felt hopeful that I could do it. Now...I think the laurels might go to her alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home