Monday, October 02, 2006

NaNoWriMo 2006

The NaNoWriMo site is officially online again and set for this year's month of furious creativity. Excitement is rife in our household as both my daughter and I are looking forward to another month of NaNoWriMo insanity. I think I'm in the same pickle this year as I was this time last year: trying to finish up a project so that I could gear up to start a new one. The one I'm trying to complete is the one I was itching to start last October. Full circle, I guess.

As to my progress, it's inching along. We're busy with home renovations and other time-stealing business, but I've been writing some each day. My handy-dandy notebook is a lifesaver. Each night I'm just too tired to face going down to my office and "working," but if I tuck myself up in bed and set out to write just a few sentences, I usually have three or four pages done in no time. It's not NaNoWriMo-speed writing, but it's progress.

I'm accumulating quite an intriguing cache of generated ideas and names for this November. So far it's looking like a science-fiction/fantasy noir murder mystery. Never heard of this genre? I think I may have invented it. Hey, if Charlaine Harris can invent Southern Vampire detective novel, I can invent one, can't I?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, I have been reading some of your writing and I like, very much. Keep writing you're good at it! I know the feeling of getting down to it and writing. It's a chore, but always fun. Sue

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home