Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Ready, set...

Today was the last day of school vacation, so I counted it as the last day of my "vacation" as well. I took the kids to a movie this afternoon (Night at the Museum, which I highly recommend), played some Guild Wars , and generally relaxed. Now the children are in bed, and I'm about to round up all my manuscript papers and notes and printouts in preparation for wading in to the rewriting task tomorrow. The only possible problem is that my son was feeling a little under the weather tonight, so there's a chance he'll wake up sick tomorrow. If he's home I won't be able to really buckle down to work, but I still hope to get a start at least.

I've also started a new colored pencil piece, which I'm tentatively calling "Fairy Gossip." It's the first time I took a "real-life" picture and turned it into a fantasy piece, so it will be interesting to see how it turns out. I'll work on that when I need a break from the rewriting.

I did end up making some resolutions for 2007, although they're a little out of the ordinary. They are:
Laugh every day.
Read more.
Stress less.
Do more things just for fun.
Learn something new.
Treat myself once in a while.
Personally, I think they're very wise resolutions.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home