Monday, February 18, 2008

The Nearest Book to Hand Meme

Well, so far 2008 has been a non-starter for blogging, but perhaps I'll start to feel more motivated soon. Helen has sort-of tagged me to do this meme ("If anyone wants to do this, consider yourself tagged!") so here I am. The rules of this meme are:
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).

2. Open the book to page 123.

3. Find the 5th Sentence.

4. Post the next 3 sentences.

5. Tag 5 people.


The nearest book on my desk is The Drawing Bible by Craig Nelson. The thing about this book is that there are precious few sentences on many pages, so these are actually from p. 124, after performing the appropriate counting of sentences on p. 123. Not that it really matters. ;-) This section is called, "Using Visual Landmarks."

Proportion is all about measuring and comparing. When measuring, look for key reference points or visual landmarks on your subject. These may include sharp angle changes such as corners, or distinct tonal changes between shapes such as pieces of clothing.


I bought this book with the intention of starting at the beginning and working my way through every lesson, but I haven't made it terribly far yet. Still on my to-do list, though! It is a very good book.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This section could be applied equally to writing as to drawing. In fact, I need to heed this advice!

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, here they are!:

The Object Browser tool comes with Visual Basic and gives you one single location to look for objects and object information. 2> When you first open the Object Browser from the View | Object Browser menu option, the default browser dialog box will display as show in Figure 5.13. {next is a pic of an Object Browser with lots of lines, arrows and descriptions} 3> The Object Browser displays information contained in type libraries. {now we are actually on page 124!}

Are guesses to what book is closest to me right now?

I wonder if I'm at work... or at home????



{

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home