Monday, November 17, 2003

Ah, the sweet sound of 30K

mood: good
music:
**********************************
Last night I barely cracked the door of 30,000 words and tonight I've stuck my foot in a little further. It's hard slogging these days (or should I say nights) as I'm so tired when I finally get to write that my brain doesn't want to get out of first gear (or to use the parlance of my SF novel, go from main drive to skip (faster-than-light) drive. However, I continue to plug along, since the NaNoWriMo battle cry of "quantity, not quality" allows for all manner of things I would never let myself get away with otherwise.

There's a very interesting series of articles on the 25 Most Provocative Science Questions at http://www.nytimes.com/indexes/2003/11/10/science/text/index.html. If you don't have time to read the articles, just glancing down the list of questions is thought-provoking in itself: things like Can Robots Become Conscious?, Are Animals Smarter Than We Think?, and Can Science Prove the Existence of God? to name a few (some, however, are neither very scientific nor provocative, such as Will We Ever Find Atlantis?). (You must register to access the articles, but it's quick, free and easy.)

And now, back to work! I'd love to regain the pace I had last year, even just for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home