Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Heading into NaNoWriMo Week Two...

mood: determined
music: All the Seasons of George Winston
**********************************
I was extremely late getting started tonight so I don't know if I'll make the word count for the day today or not--I'm writing this in a short break to give my thoughts a second to get straightened out. However, I logged in at 17, 204 words last night, so I'm definitely on track. I've reached the end of "part one" (of three parts, I think) but unfortunately am not sure what's going to happen in the next two. One of my characters is being extremely annoying--I originally thought he'd be dead long before this and now he insists on actually getting stronger! I've had to do a lot more thinking about the wormholes/FTL travel than I thought I would, but it's interesting and I think I've worked out a plausible way for it to work.

Ugh, had a rejection today as well. I was hoping not to have any in November as they are immeasurably more distressing when one is attempting to write a novel in thirty days. However, it will simply have to go into the pile of "things to look at in December if I absolutely can't get to them in November."

It's getting to be quite a large pile. :)

However, I've begun Christmas shopping and the house is mostly back in order after the renovations. So it's actually possible to do more than just write a novel in a month and keep a household running (almost) smoothly. That's good to know.

By the way, there's an excerpt from my novel on the NaNoWriMo website now: go to www.nanowrimo.org, "Authors & Novels," and type wordsmith into the box for "Find authors whose Username contains" then click "Go." When the list of all the "wordsmith's" comes up, click on my username and it will take you to my profile; then just scroll down.

Thanks to all of you who are plugging for me (and you know who you are). Now, back to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home