Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Not very blog-a-rific

mood: antsy
music: none

------------------------------------------
So no, I haven't forgotten about my blog, but blogging seems to have slipped down the priority list of late. At the top (well, after feeding and clothing the family) is the novel rewrite. I think it's going well. Terry is reading it and doesn't have much in the way of criticism to impart. I also have Krista doing a line edit for me because if I do by some miracle get the rewrite done in time for the first-week-of-August deadline, there's no way I'll have time to line edit, too. It's a mini summer job for her.

I'm having pretty good luck getting up early in the mornings and writing before the kids are awake. They like to sleep in during the summer, bless their hearts, and I may even have more writing time this way than I do in the winter. At any rate, I'm giving it my best shot, and I'm almost as pumped as I was in November writing the first draft.

So that's why posts here are few and far between, my website hasn't been updated in ages, and The Scriptorium is still showing the April/May issue. Just can't do everything at once, especially when you throw vacations and home renovations into the mix. But really, it's the most productive summer I've ever had, so I can't complain too much.

One thing I learned today: There have always been more women than men. But the gap is widening, especially in cities among young people, a study has found. In London alone, women in their 20s outnumber men by 52,000. Looks like my novel from NaNorRiMo 2002 could be more prescient than I thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home