Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Bad planning

mood: frenetic
music:
Kiss, Kiss (in Turkish) by Simarik
------------------------------------------
Why do I do this to myself every year?

I can't seem to learn to keep October relatively free for planning my November project. I thought I was doing it this year--told the kids we'd be doing simple Halloween costumes that didn't involve hours of sewing by Mom. That's what took up my October last year, so I thought I was being Smart. Then I started the rewrite of my other novel, with an eye to having it done by Oct. 31st. Am I crazy? I must be. Now I have a novel that's a big mess--so many markups in different colors that it looks like a preschooler's art project--and another one that I keep having great ideas about but can't take the time to sit down and hash them out.

The result is a kind of paralysis. Now I can't seem to get anything done, on either project.

Well, I have five days to do something about that. I'm hoping this little rant will be cathartic and get my brain moving.

And next year, I'm writing "Keep October Free" in big letters on my calendar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home