Saturday, November 29, 2003

The end of November cometh...

mood: winding down
music: AM Radio - Everclear
**********************************
Well, I didn't change another word, just validated the file last night. I had a bit of a panic time when our Internet connection seemed to be in jeopardy, but Terry came through and got it fixed up. It's a great feeling to have accomplished that many words this time around again--and especially to have reached an ending. But wow, it was a lot harder than last year! I naively expected to sail through the month in "fast forward" again, accomplishing the novel and much more in fine style, but it turned out to be a different kettle of fish.

It was also great being an ML, even though there were only a handful of us. There was a nice note in the forums from one C.B. wrimo thanking me for all the support--she got to 50k after almost giving up three times, so I feel like it was worth it. I'll definitely do it again next year.

So, some general reminders for next year:
1) Don't start the month tired out already.
2) Try to work in those early-morning writing sessions; they get your brain working on the story subconsciously all day.
3) Do more planning ahead of time if possible.

Now it's full speed ahead into Christmas, I guess! That will be the next big topic.
Once I get a little more sleep...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home