Sunday, November 23, 2003

Rolling along...

mood: Up
music:
**********************************
Passed 43k tonight and things are going well. But I need to get those @#$*&% wormholes figured out! Where they go, how they connect each of the star systems. I thought I could figure it out later (using question marks as placeholders in the meantime) but now it's become important to how my characters get out of the pickle they're in, and I don't know if I can take the time to sit down and map it out! I'll have to try tomorrow, I think, because it's going to be awfully hard to work this out otherwise. They're on the run from the baddies and a lot hinges on how many skips it will take them to get to a particular system, which systems they pass through on their way there, and how many alternative wormholes open into each of those systems. It would be much easier to have it worked out than to fake it, unfortunately.

However, I'm not too worried about finishing on time, anyway, barring any major disasters. If I can keep up this pace I could finish midweek, so I have a little leeway still if things go badly.

On the whole I'm still pleased with the novel and actually looking forward to going back and filling in the gaps once November is over. And I'm determined to type "The End" before the end of this month--I've decided that's an extremely important goal for me to have for NaNoWriMo. Just getting 50k is not good enough if I'm not at the end of the story. I'll have to be sure and keep that in mind for next year...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home