Thursday, July 29, 2004

Countdown is on

mood: alternating
music: Leap of Faith--David Charvet

------------------------------------------
So I'm down to seven days for this novel rewrite to be completely finished, printed off, and in the mail. I think I'm going to get it done. I'm slightly stuck right now figuring out how to tie up a plot thread that the first draft didn't address, but hopefully I'll get past that today. I'm in the second-last chapter, so the end is in sight. Then I have to go through one more time, incorporating Krista's edits and polishing, and it's done.

Similar to the experience of actually writing it last November, I'm kind of amazed at what can be accomplished if you really buckle down and do it. I don't think I could live like this all the time, since I'm starting to feel pretty burned out, but it's a good feeling to know you can do it when necessary. Of course the novel itself might be drek, but I'm still having fun with it.

One thing I learned today: Raindrops can be measured. US scientists have recorded drops, called "monsters", measuring 1cm.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sherry,
I have to say that your blog hits the spot!
I was out looking for information on sun protection rash guards but found your post: this post to be far more interesting than what I was looking for. Quite a good job you're doing on your site here... I'm thinking about making a blog about sun protection rash guards I want to make it look like yours here. If you have any tips or secrets maybe you could share :)

It was great to visit your blog, thanks.

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home