Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Crossing 40K

mood: good
music: M.I.A.

------------------------------------------
Today I crossed the 40k line and wow, does it change one's outlook. For a while this month, several times in fact, I wondered if this would be the first year I didn't make it to 50 thousand words. Now it looks like I have a better chance of making that goal, but will I make the other one that I've learned is important: writing "the end"?

The characters took so long to get going in this novel and it seemed to take a long time to get things moving, that now I wonder can I bring things to a close before the end of the month. I've learned in the past that the urge to work on the story decreases dramatically after November 30th, and all the things one has been diligently putting off 'til the end of the month come crashing in. So I'm going to try: "the end" by the end of the month. If those pesky characters will just play along...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're doing well, Sherry. And...I hope those two magic words full into place, at the right time. :)

3:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home