Wednesday, November 09, 2005

NaNoWriMo Report

mood: optimistic
music: Daughters of the Celtic Moon by Lisa Lynne

------------------------------------------
Well, so far, so good. I'm managing to keep on track with my daily word count, and while I'm not as far ahead as I'd like to be, I'm keeping a little bit of padding there. Sadly, the wonderful NaNo progress meter that I liked so much is no longer available (killed by its own popularity!) but I found a fairly easy substitute, as you can see in the sidebar. Not as fancy, but I like it.

As for the novel itself...not too sure. I feel more adrift than I expected writing for a younger reader, but perhaps I'm being too hard on myself. It IS week two, after all, the time when almost everyone feels a quaver of self-doubt, either soul-destroying or mildly annoying. I've kept mine in the "mildly annoying" category thus far and am pressing on.

I just wish I knew where my characters were going and what they're doing...

But that's NaNoWriMo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home